Saturday, August 2, 2008

The "TVs-are-for-sissies" statement


I have begun the quest of seriously organizing this place. Once and for all. Today I took a shoerack that I used for plants on the balcony, placed it in the warderobe on top of the preexisting one and wahay, I now have 4 shelves for shoes. In the livingroom I have a box which also serves as a chair. It used to be full of beautiful vinyl records. I placed the vinyl so you can see it, in my shelf, moved the other chair/box out on the balcony. Now balcony is less cluttered, the living room feels more spaceous AND I have more space for shoes. Nifty no?

My new idea is to scrap the television. a)I hate watching it b)i haven't watched tv for say more than 20 hours in a year and c) it's way too big. So my new idea is, get a little antenna for the computer since it has a built in tvcard and I can move this around to the bedroom too if I wish, and I can watch tv and dvd on there. Second plan is maybe to get a small white thing (see pic above) to place in the bedroom. I would then find the bedroom more cozy to be in, and I would maybe spend more time in there. I only sleep in there as it is today and I don't find it cozy at all. Hmm... scrap big TV-plan seems very tempting. Then I can put all the DVDs in the bedroom. I can then keep my stereo out here on a low white shelf and put something beautiful (and practical) on top instead of this huge beast which probably is not nurtured enough.

2 comments:

wheylona said...

Word, sister! I hate the damn boob tube, though I also support the idea of downsizing to a smaller TV that you can move around for video watching purposes. :-)

Lina K said...

Hi darling you! Yeah, shit, I never knew how disorganized one can be although things appear to be the opposite. I seriously cannot function unless I get a grasp of this, once and for all. How's your organising going?