Thursday, January 17, 2008

The way you look tonight

I heard someone talk about inner beauty. I heard poets write about loving someone for what they are like as a person. I wonder, though, in real life, does it really work that way? I've gone out a fair bit recently and people comment constantly on how people look, instead of talking about more insteresting things. I was never that kind of person, and it always shocks me when I see other people, women of course, who has to comment on my or other peoples' appearance the first thing they do. Just a sign of insecurity? You know, walking into a room, spotting someone, then commenting on that person's body shape or clothes. It's actually irritating me. May I never fall into that trap. Oh no I won't, because trivial matters such as those never appealed to me really.

Go out there men and women, be happy with yourselves and you'll appear beautiful to others!

No comments: