Friday, January 11, 2008

Lindy Hop fever

Good news is that my friend has now agreed to come, finally, to the course. Phew. Made me very nervous there for a minute or two. :) I have been dancing lots at home on my own, so yesterday I took the bull by the horns and set off to Tangopalatset in high spirits. I met so many fun new people! I got to dance loads too, which surprised me. I thought you had to know the person you dance with or something. Turned out I was very wrong. I learned alot from Micke yesterday, he was great great great. Being a total rookie, it made me feel welcome there. I did much better on the dance floor than I thought I would. Maybe the feel for the music in combination with some practice has paid off a bit. I sure gained more confidence yesterday, that's for sure.

Mårten was iDJing, and I was chuffed that he chose to play "King of the Road" by the Proclaimers. Also cool to see that almost everybody was on the floor for that one!

If you are into swing dancing (oh lord, Im starting to feel religious...) there are enough events to keep you going for the week if you are up for it. Lund, Malmö and Copenhagen combined fills up most weeknights and weekends with HepCat events, should you wish to keep yourself busy.

We had a sub-teacher in my school, Johan, yesterday. Turns out he is taking the course as well. :) Funny ol' world.

Come fly with me!

No comments: