Wednesday, November 28, 2007

When Irish Eyes are Smiling...

My social life has always been decent, and I have made sure to maintain friendship and keep in touch with people even though I was in a relationship. Some people don't though, it seems. Some of the friendships that were formed during that time were with other couples, and it's a different story today. Today I find it freeing to avoid being the third wheel.

A month or two ago, I found myself still doing things the way I was used to. And my friends acted no different than when I was in the relationship. But now the rope has loosened a great deal, and I find myself meeting alot of different people in places I wouldn't have met anyone before. Friends of friends. Someone I met online. Old friends that I haven't talked to for 5 years. It's very rewarding and also, I must say, very refreshing. It's as if things are happening on their own almost.

Yesterday someone wrote to me. A girl I met in Dublin, over a weekend, 10 years (or more?) ago. We share the same taste in music and we met through talking online about a band that we both like. We met, only once, but had one hell of a good time, along with another new person from Australia. We lost touch after that, but as she wrote yesterday the thought of popping over to Dublin for some Guiness and fun occurred to me.

Glory glory hallelujah for Ryan. (and Guiness, needless to say)

No comments: