Saturday, December 1, 2007

Recording live radio

Yesterday I went to see my teacher Hasse Larsson from the producer course I attended a few years ago. I called him up awhile back to see if I could just come along and watch or maybe learn a thing or two sometime. Last night we were in the OB bus owned by Swedish Radio - recording a live show where Hasse Kvinnaböske performed. It was a great night with lots of great banter in the truck, and it was great to see how many people were involved sound-wise. Sound was going from the live desk to the desk in studio 7, then from there to the bus, then a stereomix from the bus went on the air. (I think). Quite impressive. Having spent 2 weeks at MTV Europe, London 10 years ago, I thought it was interesting to compare these two forms of broadcasting and the way things are done. I always seem active and eager to take the first step inside this world, but then I don't have what it takes to continue. Quite sad really, but it enriches my life anyway. It seems a very competitive business, and I never felt I had what it takes to be number one.

No comments: