Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Love that Never Died

I am in love. With music. It's been awhile since I was this hooked. I can't stop dancing, singing, moving, playing... It's incredible. I haven't done that for a long time with the passion that I'm feeling now. It's also a cool feeling to be alone in a room and dance around without anybody there. Try it, if you haven't. I recommend some Elvis tunes for that purpose: Hound Dog and Trouble are my two favourites right now. Despite the fact that I get revitalised by 50s rock n roll, my choice of music took a complete turn today when I have only listened to Fred Astaire and Ella Fitzgerald. I always loved those two. Nice scraping 40s sound in my Bose speakers! :)

I love the Springsteen album where he plays American classics like "We Shall Overcome" and "Pay me my money down", and apparently there is a live version of this: Live in Dublin! I must must must have that!

Music fills the hole in your soul if you ever had one. I thoroughly recommend it for anyone who feels like something is missing in their lives.

Light a candle. Turn out the lights. Listen. Carefully.

Can you feel it? The power of music is greater than I had ever realised.

Fuck! I must jump up and dance! AGAIN Dammit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jamenvisst är det så, helt plötsligt är man kär igen i musik och det är underbart. efter att ha älskat the ark sönder och samman hela sommaren börjar jag nu lyssna på Queen, tack vare Anton som blev helt salig av att lyssna på We are the champions i olika live varianeter...
make music not war

Naemi