Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Tango Journey, part 5


Yesterday I went to Lund with Rubén to be in the class and the practica afterwards. I can assure you, I have no words for how it felt to film this dance with him, and even to watch it afterwards. I come from a place where we only wear sneakers and sweatpants way too much, and it feels like I've gone through a transformation during the past year. I've never worn high heels in my whole life. Neither have I exercised nor danced really, let alone Argentine tango.

This was big deal for me. One of the highlights of my life I would say. There is a first time for everything. I even did my own stunts :). I started out in February, but I've only been to two social dances ever. Scary stuff.

Having said this, swing dancing is still my passion in life. I do like the contrast though, occasionally. The past two days have been totally unreal. I can't wait for dance camp now.... off off off I go.

3 comments:

神野ミカエル said...

Jättefint...men jag tycker fortfarande det ser ut som om du tittar på KUKEN. ^^

Lina K said...

Ja, det gjorde jag också. Med avsikt denna gången ;)

Fanny said...

Oh wow. Jag är en högklackat-tjej vet du... ;-). Tango ser ballt ut.. men ahhh så svårt.