Friday, June 6, 2008

The Tango Journey, part 2

OK, I did it. I went dancing tonight, at Camarin, one of the many tango places in Malmö. How cozy it was, and the atmosphere was really nice and friendly. Rubéns father was there, and danced alot with me and taught me new things. Many great dancers there, and I did things I had no idea I could do. Before I knew it, I was half-lying down on somebody's body sideways, for example. Sounds weird? It was, but oh how cool. Best dancer was also the best singer. A man from Chile who was imprisoned there during the Pinochet regime, now residing here in Sweden. He was something else on the floor. I realised then what tango should really feel like. Oh lord. OH LORD. When he sang his songs, I had to stand in as a sound engineer, also when setting up the amps. If Rubén is not happy with progress tomorrow, he'd better blame his dad ;)

No comments: