Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tango Journey (Journal), part 4



Today I took the last private lesson with Rubén. We danced a few dances, I felt stiff and dizzy and a bit weird. Nervous too because he is quite decisive when he wants me to do something right. Also I was nervous because I thought I was going to use the high heels. I didn't have time in the end. Anyway, we talked alot about being light as a feather (Me??! Light???! As a feather??) Did a few exercises where we were standing on one foot just brushing the other one along the floor lightly. Then one where we walked forward as if we were skiing, weight on one, light on the other. He talked alot about not using the legs to create energy but the center of your body. I had to tense other muscles today. He also told me to take proper steps and follow through, in ocho for example. He then showed me molinete backwards and it turned out I didn't keep my knees together after the backstep. He showed me some other moves bolero ?? connected with a gancho forwards, and sometimes you do it fast in a combination of moves. But the main idea was to really really listen to the signals, keep the weight on one foot and at all costs, keep the other one light as a feather.

He ended by showing me some stuff I could work on at home, regarding my balance which is a bit poor. Stand on the floor. Do a turn (quarter of a circle, half a circle and full turn) using your center for energy and keeping one foot lightly on the floor. Then switch. Next: Put one knee up, lift foot off floor a bit... do the airplane as in Bosu class... He said, keep dancing socially, and get practise now, and he told me we can film tomorrow. I will attend 2 classes and one practica with him in Lund. Will get a lift too which is really nifty.

No comments: