Monday, July 28, 2008

Ready, steady, organize!


Yes, my bedroom is a complete disaster. It's because a) I'm not very good at putting things where they belong and b) some of my things don't belong anywhere. I must deal with it now. A good, cool unit would do, for boxes and stuff. There I can keep papers (Thank you GRANIT), and other stuff that I just have lying around. I also want to build a simple ladder with rounded bits of wood and paint it shiny black. I can put it against the wall and hang clothes on there. Nifty and charming. Yes OK, so far so good, but what about my chest of drawers. If I do this, it won't fit. Hmmm. Must think of a plan.

I intend to have loads of nice dinners in my place this fall, and my kitchen table is one of those modern, fancy-pancy IKEA things where you sit on bar stools (table fits 3). I have had really nice dinners for 7 people on my balcony, but what about in the winter? My aunt has this awesome bright red creature of a table in Stockholm, that I'm thinking of bringing down here. May be hard to fit in, but worth it probably because it can take more people.

I feel inspired to organize my place up a bit. The cables, oh how I hate cables. (Don't all girls hate them?). OK, so I challenge all my friends to invite themselves to my place for dinner so I can get my ass off the wagon and do something about this minor mess / state that I now find myself in a little less than a year after moving in. Time to act!

No comments: