Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Props & Sound


It's been great working this week. I'm on the so called Tech Crew. It's very easy and anybody can do it. I get the sound systems going in the tents in the morning and take them down in the evening. During the day, we just check that the batteries to the headsets are okay. My evening part of the job is really fun, I must say. Last night's meeting was very busy and planned out well in advance. I had to have all the props ready to go and helped Lennart on stage with stuff that needed moving around, in or out. For example, I had to take part of his clothes off backstage. Never thought I'd be doing that in Herräng... After the show, he usually likes to chat for a bit asking for feedback. Yesterday we talked about Västervik where he is from, and as blues night started, we were standing behind closed curtains talking about all kinds of things. He's promised to introduce me to a guy from Västervik next week, which should be fun. Apparently this guy travels up 300 km or so to Stockholm to dance once a week - that's passion for you!

Other than that, the infamous Herräng flu is all over the place. I'm feeling feverish, but blues dancing works anyway. Normal lindy to fast songs needs to wait for a few days. Treo is king today, I tell you. However, this is a wonderful place to be, despite illnesses and whathaveyou.

No comments: