Saturday, February 23, 2008

A very cool ending to a crap day



Today has been dull and lonely and uninspiring. I'm usually positive about things, but today wasn't one of those days. As mentioned before,however, I have corresponded back and forth with Tom, a lindy hop guru from Washington DC. His partner Debra is also super cool so I decided to write her an email. They run a business called Gottaswing. She responded with a nice, warm email saying that my first email to Tom impressed him and so he read it out from the stage at Glen Echo, the swing venue in DC - in front of about 700 people. Kind of flattering. I wrote about listening to swing for most of my life, but now, being able to USE it - like a perfect cartoon springing to life, was just superb.

Anyway, looking forward to further contact with both of them. I really like them very much.

Over and out.

No comments: