Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Final steps

Now all I have to do is learn how to wind down at night, and go to bed earlier than midnight. I need a bit more sleep in order to have a good start of the day with some breakfast, radio and other things that need doing. How does one do that? I admit I'm having a hard time focusing on books right now, but that's another one of my goals, to be able to relax more. I have chosen to listen to music when I relax, but I will try to expand my horizons.
I needed more structure before and I have started cooking healthy food, exercise regularly and take care of the apartment properly. It runs smoothly, all apart from the sleep/morning issue. I also need to be able to get up earlier because in a few weeks I will only have my bike to rely on, and that requires some extra travel time.

School today is great - I am teaching my 6 graders about Neil Armstrong and the moon landing (in English) and we're watching Apollo 13. Quite cool to hear them learn all these new words and phrases like: roger that, ready for take-off, go for launch, 8 Gs and orbit, surface etc..

It's one small step for man but a giant leap for mankind. At least as far as my school is concerned.

No comments: