Friday, October 31, 2008

Tom's Diner


Tonight Tom took us all out for dinner at Wildfire, a steakhouse. Larry and I were on time, the others were a bit late. Debra, her husband Bob, Tom, his wife Carolyn, me and Larry went there. I had a horseradish steak - it was absolutely perfect. I've never tasted anything so good, as far as meat goes. Sorry Gordon! Carolyn and I split a dessert.

Tom raised a toast to me and everybody did likewise. I thought that was so sweet. I held a little speech where I said that I started dancing seriously mainly because of a clip I saw of them dancing on Youtube in February, and that they helped change my life to the better. I was so happy to sit there with those guys and tell them this.

Tom showed me the mall, it was beautiful, but no people there. He says he wants to sponsor dances there, to bring people in. We'll meet up again tomorrow for the Cab Calloway dance at the Carlyle Club. I've pracised swivels and switches for 3 hours today.

One useful advice Debra gave me today when I asked about how she deals with when it comes to comparing yourself to others, and how feminine everybody looks except you, she said "Tom used to say this: you are what you are". Be who you are and use what you have. I'll try to remember that. It's easy to forget when everybody else seems cuter or taller or more feminine.

No comments: