Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Court & burger with jam!

Yesterday I took the Metro to the Vienna/Fairfax station. Tom was picking me up and it was freezing standing there. We went for a burger in a place where he used to go disco dancing in the 70s, before heading off to court. The murder case was postponed and instead I got to sit in and listen to other stuff that he did there. We then went to his house in Fairfax. It was a perfect house. The prettiest, biggest mansion I have ever seen. The master bedroom was huge, and their kitchen was heaven. He showed me around and I was a bit in shock. The bathroom upstairs was amazing. Better than a hotel... The walk-in closets (they have one each) were to die for!

I met wife and kids and played lego with them. They were wonderful. They left, and Tom fell asleep in his room and I fell asleep on their sofa. It was so quiet. We left for dance class and ate Hershey's chocolate bars in the car, and we talked about everything. Traffic made it impossible to get to their class on time. When we did show up half an hour late Debra said "here's Tom and the Swede!". I was in the intermediate class, and enjoyed it.

We stayed there to do social dancing. I enjoyed all the dances there and when Tom took the microphone to make announcements he again said "this is our lindy-with-lina week" so I'd like her to get up here", me and 2 other girls had to stand in the middle. That was my first jam!! Very exciting!! I danced two dances with Tom, once I asked and he reminded me only once to keep my frame and look up, and the other song he asked for , the last song. It was a disco tune. It was great to dance to. He did a move with me in there called the pretzel. Very neat. A jump was thrown in, as well as a small aerial that we had tried in class before - it had two jumps in it.

Went to eat a sandwich afterwards with some other dancers, and then Larry and I went home.

No comments: