Sunday, October 26, 2008

Best dance ever, sorry guys.


I've had the best dances ever tonight. Sorry you guys back home, but these beat it. Oh lord. I got ready to go dancing tonight at a huge place built in the 30s called Glen Echo park. It used to be an amusement park, and is now run by the government. It's beautiful and it reminded me of a larger upscale version of tangopalatset. There were about 4-500 people there. Me and Larry danced many dances, and it went great. Then I danced with the reverend who married Tom and his wife Carolyn. Arnold, I think his name was. He was a good dancer and it turns out he's 83 years old! I then danced with many other guys and they were doing the switches, and I find it hard but I will try to nail it while I'm here. I danced and danced to a great live band and I thought I did pretty good.

All of a sudden, 30 mins before it ends, Tom arrives. He's standing there among 400 people watching me (ME!) dance. I didn't know this but he told me afterwards. He grabs me, then dances with me. Everytime the music stops, some girl comes up to him to snatch him and he says: I'm dancing with my Swedish friend here". We did a couple of songs, then he wanted to do a fast one with me to see how I was doing. I did fine, but he kept telling me "Look up!", all the time. Story of my life. Well, being able to dance with him has been a dream of mine for a long time, and he just was great and the dances were wonderful. I'm amazed I didn't die or faint, or both.

Afterwards Tom and I drove to another diner which I can't remember the name of. I had a ceasar salad and loads of caffeine in the shape of tea and coke. Apparently the waiter thought I was Debra, so he brought in tea automatically when we came in. I was quite happy to drink it. The meal was on me and I'm glad I could pay for them. Larry came too.

Today was another day I will never forget. A dream of mine came true. Wow.

No comments: