Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dabe, Janelle and shopping


I went shopping today in the mall. Didn't buy very much but a pair of Keds, a flower for my hair and two candles.

Watched lots of dance videos when I came home and tried to practice the switches, but after just having watched tall, long-legged beautiful professional follows, I just felt stupid and ugly and short, so I gave up for the time being.

In the evening 2 of T & Ds teachers, Dabe and Janelle had a social dance in a place called Nick's that Larry and I went to. Tom didn't come, because he wanted to see his kids. Had some good dances there, but there were only six of us. Dabe is great, I like his dancing! Afterwards, Janelle showed me switches again and told me to keep the left foot really forward, about 11 o clock. Don't overdo it with the hips. Keep body straight from hips and upwards. Loads of things to think about which is why I have a hard time with this. Then she showed me swivels properly, and I got very excited about that, it makes such a difference! She started the prepare already on six. I filmed it.

No comments: