Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tom, 600 euros and an authentic chocolate milkshake

I'm blogging from the guest room in Larry Macdonald's house. He's a very friendly, retired man who kindly offers to put up dancers here in the Koerner/Sternberg scene sometimes. I just found out that this bed was last used by Lennart Westerlund, and that the sheets are still the same. :)

These past 24 hours have been so neat. Hard to describe but I will try. First, in Heathrow a few of us were told we had to wait there for six hours because the flight was overbooked. I got reimbursed though - 600 euros! Paid for my whole trip, almost. The flight across the Atlantic was great, very good service. The best part was having Richard Branson welcoming you on the little screen in front of you.

I thought I'd be nervous about meeting Tom IRL but I wasn't. As I went through customs, leaving fingerprints and whatnot I could feel nothing but excitement. He stood there waiting in a black leather jacket. I noticed straight away that he is shorter than I thought. We hugged for a long time, then went out to his car. On the way out he said "you're shorter than I thought". :) His licenceplate says "JITRBUG". As we drove to a Diner near the Clarendon Ballroom called the Silver diner, we talked about this that and the other and it felt very natural. I like him so much, and he's meant alot to me since February. We ate in the Diner and met up with some guy who is also a dancer and talked to him for awhile.

Tom dropped me off at Larry's at 12.30ish and stayed around to chat some and to semi-plan the rest of the week. Apparently this really IS "Lindy with Lina week" and everybody has been told to take good care of me. I will see Tom tomorrow night at Glen Echo after his and Debra's paid private gig. During the day though, I'll just catch up on some sleep I think and hang around here.

I will be sure to be back but for now...zzzzz.

Meeting Tom today was very very exciting.

No comments: