Monday, December 3, 2007

The end of the road, and the beginning of something extraordinary


I admit that I have spent a fair bit of money recently. But the word "admit" seems too harsh, since I am an adult and it is my money, and nobody elses. I have wanted, deliberately, to rebuild my life. To do that, I have decided I need a few things (I would actually like to refer to them as necessities). I have bought a new bed. I thought it was worth every penny. I have spent some money on buying some new clothes and shoes, so now I actually feel quite decent when I leave the house. I don't wear tracksuit bottoms and sneakers everyday. It actually does make me much happier and I feel more attractive. I have bought a sound system, which I have wanted my whole life. Music is my life, and all normal beings have a stereo of some sort. Now, so do I. I have also bought a banjo and a dobro that I have fallen in love with and which occupy alot of my time. Life is all about learning, right now. I will also buy a decent ladies bike. Oh and a computer...

For Christmas I don't want anything really. I have everything I need now. Maybe some razorblades for the hob. :) Anything involving an experience I think, makes the ideal gift for most people who work hard, come home to a place full of stuff they can't wait to get rid of, or don't know what to do with.

After that I plan to put aside the money that is left for taxes and possible renovation of bathroom. I won't have this money to spend in a month or two, and I must be alot more careful. But I have bought exactly what I needed to start over, and I don't feel bad. Quite the contrary.

No comments: