Monday, December 17, 2007

Last week at work

Only a few days left till the end of term. I can't say it will be great to go on a break this year. Of course, it's nice to rest, but I can't say I really need to rest. Quite the contrary, I feel restless. I want to do things, experience new things, learn something new, meet new people. Eager to move forward. We've had quite a tough term at work, but I always choose to look at things in a positive way. Many things have been excellent here also. I am wondering whether it would be nice to change jobs next year. At the same time, I am quite happy here. Time will tell, I suppose.

I won't buy many Christmas presents this year. I think it's silly to exchange money. I would like, however, to start a tradition whereby you give one present to people, and spend more time thinking about what to get, or make. I'd rather have one present that someone thought would be perfect for me and that they spent some time thinking about and vice versa. Will try to head out there in the Djungle today though to get it over with. Will be weird not buying anything for someone special this year.

Will go to my parents' for Christmas and stay until my birthday. I miss the sea. I miss hearing the roaring sound of waves against the rocks. I miss listening to the sound of silence and the wind blowing. I love the fresh air. I love the lack of traffic. I love the forest. Paradise, here I come...

My friend Wendy will probably come and see me on Dec 27. It's been quite a long time since I've seen her. Other than that I have signed up for Lindyhop beginner's course in february, and course 2 feb-march. Dimman will come along to the first one, and the second one I will attend myself. Can't wait!

No comments: