Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mount Vernon excursion.



Today Tom brought his oldest son, Tom, and me to see George Washington's estate, Mount Vernon. It was an impressive place. I loved the view the most. It was right by the water. We were lucky to have a beautiful day, about 20 degrees. Went for gross lunch afterwards in Mackey's - a place that smelled too much of smoke and had bad Irish stew. In the evning we went to Glen Echo, Debra me and Tom and Larry, although we met up there. Tom danced 3 songs with me 2 very fast ones and tried me to do a charleston through a swingout. That was fascinating, I will work on that. I had alot of great dances, before T and I left through the back to go to the Diner. I ate grilled cheese with bacon and had loads of iced tea to drink. Tom drove me home, we talked about all kinds of stuff, then dropped me off at Larry's. I went to bed feeling a bit sad, because, well, I have no idea if this is a once in a lifetime thing or not, dancewise. I was also sad because I won't see Tom again in a very long time. He has become a very close friend of mine.

No comments: