Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Relationships, marriages, whatever.


Boy am I relieved not to lead this sort of life. The kind which Kevin Spacey eminently portrays in American Beauty, my favourite film of all time. Hitting the nail right on the head, without missing a beat, it shows how a married couple has drifted apart, living in frustration and boredom. Even I who have not even been married, saw parts of my own life in the movie after my relationship. The truth of the matter is, I think almost everyone recognise themselves somehow in there, and that, I think, is why this fantastic film became so hugely successful.

The question I ask myself here is: How do you avoid this type of scenario as an outcome? Surely, something can be done to prevent the seemingly inevitable from happening? I need to find that answer. Or maybe we just keep choosing the wrong partners?

No comments: