Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mindfulness



You know how time flies? How you feel sometimes that a year or ten have passed and you barely remember any of it? I have tried to pay close attention so something someone adviced me awhile back:

Stop for awhile and consider the following:
*Is the water in your shower hot or cold? What does the soap feel like on your skin?
*What does your sandwich in the morning taste like? Have you thought of the texture of your food before?
*Can you recall details of the entrance of your home? If not, go there and have a look. What colours can you see, what does it smell like?

Try this for a day (it's quite hard work in a way)and I can assure you that you will remember that day for a very long time. I tried it twice in a year, and both those days are solid as rocks in my memory. We need to stop, look and listen - well put in Elvis's "Rubberneckin'".

No comments: