Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tue at Clarendon Ballroom

Wrote two nice emails this morning that made me feel really good for the rest of the day. Larry took me to his friend's kid's birthday party. Two professional dancers - Thomas and Tricia who live nearby. Their kid Jamie was adorable. Stayed for awhile, met Tricia's Swedish friend from Huddinge and her two daughters. It made me feel like I wanted to keep in touch with people from high school again. Must do that.

Fell asleep for a few hours during the day, and then I left for Clarendon Ballroom which here in Arlington. It's a great place, last time the electricity went, and today it's leaking through the ceiling (aparently has done so since forever too). Tom danced with me, and told me he wants more resistance in my frame, especially in the fast songs. He tried the skipping lindy which I've never done, the jump charleston which apparently they stole from Eric and Sylvia - and his trademark skip. I wasn't up to scratch to mirror that so quickly. Must ask him to teach me again on Friday. I feel stupid too taking up people's precious time by asking them to teach me stuff. I had three dances with him in total including the last song. Very good dancing there.

I helped them move PA system etc, and I got a ride home from Tom again. We drove around for a bit, and we stayed in the car talking again. I'm so flattered he enjoys it just as much as I do. I really am lucky to have such a great person in my life.

No comments: