Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tom & Debra's Halloween Dance at CCB


Went to lunch with Bob Kleinpeter, who treated us. I laughed so hard. This guy is funny and can really tell some crazy stories: "I always dance with some beginners. This girl comes up to me and asks me to dance. She's all nervous and says "I'm just a beginner." Don't worry about that, I said, we've all been there. Just don't embarrass me in front of my friends". Very funny guy. Will look forward to dancing with him some more tonight and film some.

Stayed home during the afternoon and watched dance clips. Larry took me to CCB where Tom and Deb had their dance. I saw fat ladies with bare legs dressed up as cats, and other horrible things, and nobody there seemed to be able to know how to dance very much except two people or three. I danced with an older guy from Michigan. Retired, had a mobile home and escaped the colder months with his wife to other cities and they dance wherever they go. He was great!!

As the night progressed, more good dancers came in. I danced alot with a guy called Dave (not the Dave from the other day), Joe, and also Tom. Tom gave me useful feedback today and I had fun dances with him. Debra also gave me feedback. Afterwards, Tom and I went by ourselves to Metro 29 - a Diner. There were loads of people there, a Halloween Party, Anyway, we talked about everything as usual, and I had a great time. He paid for dinner which made me happy. Talked in the car too, and decided to meet up again this afternoon, ie Saturday. I'll brief on that later. Tonight, there's the Halloween dance at Glen Echo which Larry and I will go to.

No comments: