Saturday, December 27, 2008

How do you express your passion for the music through the dance?

Expressing the love and the passion for the music through dance is the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. However, having danced for 10 months, I can now see my eagerness to move is exaggerated when I dance. It's improved so much, by keeping everything smaller - but I can now see and understand what I want to do, more than before. I want to keep myself together, but at the same time keep the fire burning. Does that make sense? I want to express what I feel in the music, in a more controlled manner, but I want it to be infectious.

I had a class here at Snowball with Frida Segerdahl and Skye Humphries today, where they did a slower, shorter version of Big Apple jazz routine. She looks amazing, and to be honest, I just wanted to be her, right there. Perfect. Technically brilliant, having a ball - like the kids in Hellzapoppin'.

No comments: