Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hectic, hectic

Monday's dance was really great. I was there for the last part of the Big Apple routine, and I kinda sucked at it. It's one of the few things that pushes my button actually - when I temporarily totally suck at something I wish to be good at. Afterwards, though, something made me change my attitude, and I had a superb time. Johan really is one of the best guys in the world. He made me do the jam with him and that of course was really exciting. I thought he would do something freaky, but I think he decided to be gentle and nice to me. Really a cool moment.

Inspired by my trip to the US I've been talking to everybody about doing more jams here in general - it gets the energy level up in the room, and it's very freeing and inspiring to watch and participate in - even for people like me who haven't been dancing that long. In class we did jams last week, and will continue on Sunday. I talked about it also in our board meeting and everyone is all go! MORE JAMS IN MALMÖ & LUND, I say.

Speaking of the US, I miss talking to Tom. He's very busy and so am I. It's hard to time it. Other than that, today is work work work and decided what grades to give to my students.

No comments: