Friday, April 25, 2008

New Moves



Now attending the Basic 3 Lindyhop course in Malmö with teachers Anton and Jenny, I have started to grasp the advice I've been given about frame etc. I can't do it properly yet, but I think I know what they mean now. On Thursday we learned a few new moves: sugarpush (as seen above at 0:20), the needle (also with variations - outside turn and american spin). Check out the move Debra is doing near the end (these are called "switches"). It's frustrating, because, really, before you have good follow skills, you shouldn't really add "styling". I am somewhere in between right now and those extra bits look so darn sexy!

p.s. Those of you who know me and read this blog sometimes will probably have seen my friend Tom Koerner and his dance partner Debra Sternberg before.

No comments: