Monday, September 29, 2008

When dancing briefly became a competition

Confession: I never thought I was competitive. But you know what? I am, a little bit. Almost all the people I hang out with are now in the intermediate - advanced class, while I'm still in intermediate. Most of those friends, however, have been dancing for a good year or so more than me, so fair enough. But a few of them have been moved up even though we started at the same time. This was a bit of a blow to the ego, I must admit.. I've worked so hard, and eat, breathe and sleep dancing, pretty much. But yet, I have to accept the fact that a. I think that I'm in the correct level and b. some people are faster learners than others. I just hope I can see / feel / get feedback on more progress soon.

Dancing for five hours yesterday hurt my feet. I was helping out as an extra in the beginner - intermediate class, then went on to my own intermediate class (which is excellent, by the way) and finally onto the jazz routines class. Johan N, Håkan and I went out for dinner afterwards.

Dancing again tonight to Atle Big Band in Mejeriet, Lund. Will be great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of ppl I started dancing with is now in your intermediate class. I'm still in the beginners-intermediate... It's better to learn in your own pace than try to learn to fast and get low self esteem.

linywoos said...

And who are you, dear reader? Good thoughts, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll tell you when we dance together in the next class :P