Sunday, October 14, 2007

Having a Neil Finn Hallelujah moment


Photographer: unknown. Photo is not from the Stockholm show.

Crowded House at their best. The show was really fun with quite alot of banter and loads of great music and lyrics. What I don't understand is how people who don't even like the music and look as if they are falling asleep kindly position themselves right in front of Neil and people in the crowd who are there to have a great time. Managed to have a superb time, however.


Hats off and salutes to my friend Maria who did an excellent job yesterday in preparing a fab party at her flat in Södermalm, Stockholm. The small flat was full of people - most of whom I had never met before. We played and sang and danced all night until some godawful hour. It was absolutely fabulous, more of the same, I say! Looking forward to next weekend already. This week will see the last of the house - cleaning it and clearing it completely. It will be good to have that over with and to move on with my life. I do miss the house, and it is sometimes hard going back, but I am glad I spent so much time there after the split. It makes it easier to feel relief instead of grief when leaving it behind. There are other houses in this world. Plus, I now have a FAB apartment and I can do things any way I please without having to compromise about everything. It's also quite a good feeling! Will work alot this week also, so it will be busy busy. I quite enjoy having things to do, however, so it will be nice.
Over and out.

4 comments:

Rhys said...

Glad you had a great time with Crowded House and at M's party! It seems that every major cultural or sporting event has to have a huge block of seats reserved for 'the great and the good' or for corporate hospitality leaving the real fans standing out in the rain or in seats ten miles from the stage or field of play. Come the day of the revolution we'll have to change all that!

Take care
R

Lina K said...

oh I agree! Scary. The real fans should stand up front. More importantly, why do those people even bother paying?
Had a great time in Stockholm, back in malmö now though! Hope all is well with you!

m said...

Hey, you're talking to me? ;-)

We were at the very front, and we had a great time! Those Kiwis to the left in the front were the real pains in the asses, though. They tried to stand still, because at least 2 of them had camcorders and were taping the whole show. bastards!

And the rest was waving those "finntastic" cards.

We had a great time, though, the drunken Kiwis notwithstanding.

I am making a Frenz section in my blogroll, I will add you if you don't mind.

Lina K said...

Certainly!
I reckon a bit of enthusiasm just adds to the fun, but I really don't understand why people bother if they don't have a good time?
:)
Life is too short to have a dull time at concerts!