Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Herräng 2009 - week 1

Ali and I departed on Friday, spending the night in Uppsala at his friend Sus's house. Well-rested, we headed off for Herräng in the morning. Being 3,5 hours early, we thought we'd be able to snatch good beds, but no! We were among the first in the line to take photos for passes (new for this year) though, and got good beds. Again, my roommates are Charlie and Jessica from Stockholm. We've had drinks before the dance every night so far - best thing in the world is when they open a few bottles of beer from their own brewery, Monk's, in Stockholm.

This week I'm taking classes. I had to audition and got into IA3 and it was a bit of a blow to the ego that everyone else from Lund that started dancing after me got into the middle level. I must say though, that I was unlucky to dance with two guys who couldn't do a swingout. One of them started the rockstep on the two. But yeah, it's probably my dancing too.

I've worked with Lennart doing the meetings this week. Fun as usual. Some social dancing too. Yesterday was bluesnight so I didn't dance much then. More dancing tonight,

No comments: