Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Dax

"You have to match the Dax!", he exclaimed, as I tried my best to relax. I had a private today, despite a very bad case of the Herräng Flu, (also known as the HDC09 Virus) with Dax Hock. He looks great when he dances. I have sat in on 3 or 4 classes and watched him and partner Alice Mei teach. Their teaching style is different and is all about body awareness when you lead and follow. I find it hard to get the hang of it, and to feel it. During the private we did some excercises together, did some walking and even some dancing. I was told I was too tense in my body all the time and that I should try to match the person I'm dancing with more, or else the dance and connection will cease to exist. I feel confused as ever afterwards, but I've taken notes and I will try to apply some of it when I dance without overdoing it and thinking too much.

No comments: