Monday, March 2, 2009

An extraordinary encounter

And I'm in shock.

I work in a school where I quite often have to teach simple basics like saying "good morning" when you arrive, or taking your shoes off, or taking off your hat in the dining room.

I had the most extraordinary encounter this afternoon, however. I came home, crossed the street to buy a soda in the kebab place, and managed to drop my important paperwork on the wet street. A boy walked past - your stereotyphical "cool" teenager, baggy jeans, expensive sneakers & jacket and a hood covering his head. He walks along with his friends. When he saw the papers, he quickly bent down, picked everything up, looked softly at me saying "Here you are".

Pretty neat.

2 comments:

Mia said...

wow! det finns hopp för dagens ungdom ;)

Lina K said...

ja verkligen, jag var helt chockad. Bättre än "Hon zippa!" (man fattar ju snart inte vad dom säger :)