Thursday, September 20, 2007

Woke up this morning and FINALLY smelled the coffee



After having been on a few dates recently, and most recently with a guy that I quite liked, I have come to the conclusion that I am nowhere near ready for any type of relationship. I get my emotions mixed up all the time. Had I jumped into something with anybody new right now, it wouldn't have worked out, because I am not ready, and I need to work out where I stand today first, on my own, before I commit to any type of romantic extravaganza. I would have liked to, but I realise it would have been on the wrong terms, and it will leave me unhappy in the long run.

Sometimes, I find myself just longing for someone to talk to, like I used to with my boyfriend who lived here. It's so different when you are able to share stuff on a day-to-day basis with someone, compared to when you don't have that previlege anymore. I quite enjoy my own company now, however. It's great just doing what I want, when I want and how I want. It's very freeing obviously.

It's quite a good thing that it happened the other day, and it made me finally wake up and smell the coffee. I need to be single for awhile now to get used to that, and to just feel like myself again. New apartment! Candles! Flowers! Chocolate! Champagne! Bathtub!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Och vet du vad frun, jag vågade inte riktigt säga just det du kom fram till men å andra sidan kom du ju fram till det själv! Och det ska väl vara det bästa sättet i pedagogiken har jag förstått!

Puss på dig

din fru

Lina K said...

ja, så är det ju, inte sant?