Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spent the day with Tom, finished off with The Boilermakers


Tom asked if I wanted to hang out for a bit, so I took the Metro to Vienna/Fairfax, where he lives. He picked me up after like 45 minutess, and took me to Artie's - a restaurant which serves classic American food. I had crab cakes, he had chicken club sandwich. Was very good. I got the check this time. We went home to his beautiful house, the biggest I've ever seen. The President could well live there, that's how beautiful it is. I played with Raymond, his youngest son, who is 3. Lovely kid! So cute! They were all going to their cousins to go trick-or-treating in the rain, so they dropped me off at the metro station.

Larry and I got ready to go to Glen Echo. The Boilermakers were playing. Some highlights were "Sweet Sue". Naomi Uyama was the singer. I think they were good, but the young crowd here think they're the bees knees - I think they are highly overrated. Nonetheless, I had really fun dancing tonight despite the absence of Tom & Deb. I think, however, that T&D's dances have a much more welcoming, warmer feel to them, these younger kids stand around in groups talking and/or dancing. I didn't get turned down when I asked some of them to dance, but alot of them looked at the floor and not at me. There were exceptions though which I liked.

No comments: