Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Last dance with Mr Tom


Last night of dancing. I had loads of fun dances, and the music was nice, and choppy, albeit a bit too much of the same thing. Danced with all kinds of people including four dances with Tom which is alot. He's been telling me earlier to try to be more upright and I'm working on that, and also taking smaller steps than before. But then today, things didn't turn out the way I had plannned, First, I hit him on the nose with my elbow. How embarrassing. Then, we filmed one song and I'm focused on doing my triple steps like I've been told by everybody. After the dance he says: Do you want an evaluation of your dancing? Yeah of course I did. He said: "Are you aware of how much you move" "You move so much you're making me exhausted and you're using up all your energy". I realized then, that I'm just doing the step at all costs, at all times, and I'm not mirroring the guy, at least not here. I want to be able to follow everybody, not just Swedes, and not just Swedes in my own dance community. We all speak different dialects, and I can understand and speak my own, but clearly not everyone else's. Yet. There are alot of things that have improved though, but hell, I'm kinda pissed off right now, and I'm going to get those things fixed. Crap ending. Again. Well, I'm gonna fix that too.

No comments: