Sunday, May 24, 2009

Progress


Yesterday, Mårten and Emma had a birthday party. Alot of people showed up, around 30 I would say. Quite a large number. Another large number is the attendance of the somewhat 700 that showed up at Tom's dance at Glen Echo last night for Tom Cunningham orchestra. I would have loved to be there. Today I'm buying a tent for Stockamöllan and Herräng, which I think will come in handy. I was also invited to learn (or re-learn?) the Big Apple routine in Lund. I was excited to fill my day with more dancing. Will try to work on a few things in my dancing and see where it takes me. Keeping my body together is one, second thing is to try to dance with a bit more attitude. I have a problem with that, in general, and my body language is nowhere near where I want it to be, not even when I teach. But when I'm on stage - you'll see a different person. I wish I could transfer that feeling to the dance floor, but I will, I'm sure, as I grow more confident, it's all about self conciousness. Third, I've been told to do bigger swivels so I'll work on that too.

I think I've improved when it comes to dancing to fast songs, but I can feel I'm not up to scratch. I think Stockamöllan will help. The music there is insane. It's fast. Three days of that, and you improve. For sure.

Healthwise, I'm going to bed earlier and lost 2,5 kg, by cutting out the junk food.

No comments: